Furniture Restoration Services
Great care is taken with all our restoration commissions and our work is carried out to the highest of standards. Estimates are always provided.
Furniture restoration services include:
- Repairs to furniture of all periods and styles
- Repairs to joints, veneers, broken chair legs
- Traditional French Polishing
- Modern polish finishes
- Furniture frame strengthening in collaboration with local upholsterers
Additional services provided
- Replacement of leather and baize inserts in desks and tables
- Fitting of replacement castors, handles, keys, locks and escutcheons
- Replacement of glass to cabinets
- Estimates for insurance purposes of furniture damaged in flood, fire or during removals
Over the years Mike has built up an invaluable store of ‘breakers’ – old furniture, veneers and off cuts of woods of all types and ages upon which to draw on in the course of his restoration work. This store, together with experience, a well equipped workshop, an eye for detail and a love of restoration, are the ingredients of Mike Smith-Wood’s antique furniture restoration service.